Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mega Man 9 Gets An Official Trailer

I posted some leaked footage of Mega Man 9 the other day, but Capcom has released an official trailer for the game (posted below). No American release date is announced, but now we know that the game will be available for PSN and XBLA, in addition to WiiWare.



Thus far, it seems that the sound design, if nothing else, will be on par with the earlier Mega Man titles on NES. The level design, at least from what's been shown, looks to be a sort of "greatest hits" of design elements. I'm especially excited to see the bubble platforming from Mega Man 5's Wave Man stage has returned. We'll have to wait and see whether the entire levels look as good as the small pieces we're being shown now.



The one element that still seems lacking is the story. Considering the progress more recent Mega Man titles have made, I'm a bit disappointed that the setup for MM9 is sparse at best, and nigh-indistinguishable from the NES games of yore. I've been spoiled by modern videogame storytelling. I don't want an epic, but I want a plot setup that doesn't seem so... contrived for once, Capcom.



Overall though, I'm still totally psyched for this game!



No comments:

Post a Comment