Sunday, June 8, 2008

Metal Gear Sucker

Well, today I pre-ordered a game for a game console that I don't own and probably won't own for two years. Yes, I'm talking about Metal Gear Solid 4: the final chapter in a game series I've been hopelessly following for years. Why did I spend money on a game I won't be able to play. The answer in four-fold:

1) My local Gamestop had the pre-order bonus DVD: Metal Gear Saga, Vol. 2
2) I was promised an art book with my copy of the game when it arrives on the 12th.
3) I had spent the morning watching a retrospective (courtesy of GameTrailers) on the entire Metal Gear franchise.
4) I'm an effing GEEK!

I was powerless to resist; really, I was! I went to the counter to ask whether they still had copies of the DVD. I honestly believed they would not - other stores had long since sold out. I would have left then, but the clerks told me that yes, they did have a couple copies left. They pulled one out and set it on the counter. Still I faltered. Then two words crossed their collective lips that rendered me unable to resist: art book. Before I knew it, my wallet was in one hand, the special DVD was in the other, and - left with no third hand - the receipt was sandwiched firmly between my lips. I felt like a dog, heeling to the call of my master: Hideo Kojima.

On the bright side though, I'm getting Metal Gear Solid 4 on Thursday. ^_^

1 comment: